Department of Social Science
Sociology, Psychology, & Political Science
The Department of Social Science at Shaw University provides students with a strong liberal arts education that enables success in many fields. Students in the department will obtain fundamental knowledge of the basic concepts, principles, theories, research methods, and skills required for critical thinking and problem solving. Students will also develop awareness about the value of life and commitment to human principles.
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology (Concentration: Criminal Justice)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science (Concentration: International Relations)
What Students Can Expect
Students in the department graduate with a firm understanding of political institutions, human development and societal issues and are prepared to enter graduate school or pursue careers in politics, law enforcement and human services. Many Social Sciences students gain internships and employment with local, state and federal government agencies, politicians and non-profit organizations.