**This page is being updated. Additional scholarship information will be added periodically.**
The financial aid application process typically runs from August 15 - September 15. Decisions regarding scholarships begin approximately two weeks after all financial aid is completed.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
Disclaimer: Scholarship types and award amounts are subject to change based on funding availability. The available funding amount for an individual scholarship award can be divided among multiple students.
- Must be registered full-time, taking 12 credit hours for undergraduate students and 9 credit hours or more for graduate students
- Must be a currently enrolled freshman, sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student
- Must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50 (based on a 4.0 scale) NOTE: GPA requirements may vary based on donor’s criteria. Some scholarships may require students to be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non- citizen.
- Must complete a short essay
- Admission's Application Due: Fall Semester: July 30 | Spring Semester: December 30
- FAFSA Due: March 15
- Presidential Scholarship Application Due: January 15 (NOTE: Presidential Scholars must be members of The Honors College. Applications for The Honors College are due June 15.)
Download Application | Apply to The Honors College
The Shaw University Scholarship Committee will determine the final selections. Selected recipients will be notified via their Shawbears email.
For additional information regarding scholarship information, please contact the Financial Aid Office, Scholarship Coordinator at (919) 546-8240.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Must have at least a 2.50 GPA or higher
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or have a valid social security number
- Must be enrolled at a UNCF member institution
- Must have a financial need
*If you meet the minimum eligibility requirements, click on the link below to view the available scholarships and to complete the UNCF General Scholarship application online.
Other Useful Scholarship Search Engines Websites: