Welcome and thank you for your interest in a career with
To be considered for faculty employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
- Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: Mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), email to email@example.com, or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (click to open and print using Adobe Acrobat). To download Adobe Acrobat click here.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- An application cover letter with statements of teaching philosophy and research interests
- Three current letters of reference.
- Any additional documents required by a specific job posting.
- Order “Official” transcript(s) of the highest graduate-level degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY TO the Shaw University Human Resources Department. For example: A job posting qualification requiring a Ph.D. requires an official transcript from the institution awarding the Ph.D. degree, and the transcript must be mailed from the awarding institution directly to:
Human Resources Department
118 E. South Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
A resume or curriculum vitae without an accompanying Shaw University Application Form, and other required documents, cannot be accepted.
Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered official and cannot be accepted.
Following the Human Resources office’s receipt of both (1) a candidate’s fully completed application package for a current job opening AND (2) mailed receipt of a candidate’s official transcript(s) directly from the awarding institution, then a candidate can be considered for employment and their application and transcript information shall be submitted to the recruiting manager and/or selection committee for review.
If viewing a job posting on the HigherEdJobs.com website (or other employment ad websites), do NOT attempt to use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature from this site.
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
Shaw University is an EEO/AAP Employer
Click below to review currently-open positions.
Student Employment Opportunities