Financial Clearance Process
Students must be financially cleared in order to be officially registered and start classes. Financial clearance means you have either paid your outstanding balance or made appropriate arrangements to pay the semester charges by the payment due date (see
Students who are not financially cleared by the payment due date risk being dropped from classes for which they have pre-registered. Students who subsequently pay the balance due will have to re-register. Students can verify their financial clearance
status by accessing their Bearsnet account.
Final Financial Clearance is determined by the Shaw University Office of Student Accounts.
How to Obtain Financial Clearance
- Review your 'Course and Fee Statement' by logging into Bearsnet Portal and following these steps:
- Login with your ID (as username) and your PIN (as password)
- Click on Students tab
- Click on Financial Aid and Account Information link to generate a Course and Fee Statement and view
- Financial Aid Awards
- Financial Aid Documents
- Account Balances
- Click on My
Account Balances to see your account balance
- Click on Current Students Accounts Receivables to see detailed account information.
that you are being charged for all classes for which you are registered, and if you
are on-campus, you have a meal plan and housing charge. (If you do not see a
meal plan or housing charge, you have NOT been assigned housing and will need
to follow up with Residence Life for an assignment)
After verifying your charges, if you have a CREDIT balance (which will be noted as a negative number beside the BALANCE field) you will be considered financially cleared for the items you have been charged for. Please print your financial clearance and
keep for your records. Any changes made after you are financially cleared will
result in additional charges that will be added in after the add/drop period
and will be due immediately.
- If you do not have a zero balance or credit balance, you will need to establish a payment plan or pay in full to be considered financially cleared. Payment plans can be established though the Office of Student Accounts.
- To establish your payment plan, you will need to pay off any prior outstanding balance and/or fines. View your fees/fines online by logging in to your Bearsnet account.
Students with balances must make their required down payment as well as sign a payment plan agreement before the Office of Student Accounts can review the student for financial clearance eligibility.
Students with balances will be provided a printed record of their financial clearance once Student Accounts has verified full payment, or a properly executed payment plan has been received.
Registration and Payment Deadlines
||Fall 2018 Deadlines
New Students Arrive on Campus
Upon arrival, new students must attend Orientation to meet with Financial Aid and Student Accounts to be financially cleared and register for classes.
Residence Hall Move-In
students must be Financially Cleared by Student Accounts AND
Registered for classes PRIOR to moving into the Residence Halls.
financially cleared will not be permitted to move into the Residence Halls.
First Day of Classes
Students must be registered and financially cleared by this deadline.
Students not financially cleared by this deadline will have their class schedule, housing and meal plans purged.
Financial Clearance Checklist
Download Returning Students Checklist
Download New Students Checklist