To Sir II with Love in November
It is SIR II Time Again
According to ETS: The SIR II™ Student Instructional Report is a course evaluation survey that quickly and objectively captures students' perceptions of their higher education learning experience. Based on 30 years of extensive research, the SIR II survey has helped faculty and administrators improve teaching effectiveness and learning quality for more than three decades by providing:
- reliable insight into students' perspectives on eight dimensions of college instruction.
- detailed information to improve teaching without taking up valuable class time.
- a free compendium (PDF) of actionable suggestions for improving college teaching, based on best practices and input from educators nationwide.
- comparative data from nearly eight million students in more than 107,000, two-year and more than 117,000 four-year college courses nationwide. (http://www.ets.org/sir_ii/about/)
The SIR II and e-SIR surveys offer flexibility to meet your specific course evaluation needs to:
- add questions to evaluate a wider range of course and teaching characteristics
- choose from paper-and-pencil or online formats to reduce administrative time and costs
- select a version specifically designed for students in distance-learning courses
The SIR II
™ Student Instructional Report will be administered to all students at Shaw University between November 14 and 15.