- Advising and Registration dates are listed on the Academic
- Students should meet with their faculty advisor during the Advising Period to be cleared for registration.
- Students register for classes using Bearsnet, once the faculty advisor removes the advising hold.
- Adding and dropping classes deadline is on the Academic Calendar
- Students may withdraw from a class after the drop-add period ends by filling out a Registration Transaction Form.
- Once the last day to withdraw, listed on the calendar, is reached the student can no longer withdraw from a single class.
- Students may withdraw from Shaw University, and all of their classes in a semester up to the final day of classes, using an official Withdrawal Form.
Eligibility for Registration
Eligibility for registration is determined by the following categories:
- New Student - Upon receipt of a letter of admission, the new student is eligible for registration on the stated days of registration.
- Re-admitted Student - A student previously enrolled in the University who was not enrolled during the preceding semester must apply for and be granted readmission by the Admissions Office before being eligible for registration. Visit Readmission page
- Continuing Student - A student currently registered is eligible to register, assuming good standing, and no registration holds.
- AR Hold – Students may not register for classes if they have an AR hold, placed on their record by Student Accounts due to having a balance to be paid.
Cooperating Raleigh Colleges (CRC)
The CRC colleges include Meredith College, North Carolina State University, Shaw University, St. Augustine’s University, Wake Technical Community College and William Peace University. The student starts by filling out the CRC Registration form.
Inter-institutional registration among Cooperating Raleigh Colleges (CRC) must be approved by the student’s faculty advisor and the Department Head. The student is required to meet registration requirements and to follow procedures being used at Shaw
University and the college to be visited. Credit for courses taken at CRC institutions is processed and posted for Shaw University students the same as for courses taken in residence. Full time registration at Shaw University is required for a student
to be eligible to participate in the program