Student Health Center
In addition to treatment for colds, flu, headaches, cramps, lacerations, sprains and other conditions, the following services are also offered:
- Allergy Shots
- Blood Glucose Checks
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Dressing Changes
- Eye acuity tests
- First Aid/CPR training
- Removal of stitches
- Weight and height checks
- Health information materials
- Assistance with filing/follow-up student insurance claims
Hospitalization and Discharge
When either the Health or Counseling Center is made aware of a student who is prescribed a psychiatric medication an official notification form must be completed. The official notification will contain student background information on medication and recommendations from prior physicians.
- Notification form must be forwarded to either the Health Center (physical) or Counseling Center (psychiatric).
- After being out on medical or psychiatric leave or being discharged from the hospital, students must report to the Counseling Center and Student Health Center with Discharge instructions for follow up and meet with the University Physician prior to returning to Shaw University. Students will not be allowed to report to any classes without a clearance slip from the University Physician.
- Complete the notice of Discharge Follow-up form
- Complete the Authorization to Release form