Skills Advancement Support (SAS)
Travel and training paid for by Title III funding are open to all employees for the purpose of professional development. Please keep in mind that Title III funds are limited. For that reason, preference is given to individuals who have not yet traveled,
and whose justifications are best aligned with criteria outlined by Title III, the needs of the university, their programs or departments, and their professional development goals.
Sign and submit your application before the deadline. The Center for Teaching and Learning Advisory Committee reviews applications twice a year.
- If you plan to travel between October 15
and March 14, please submit your request by September 8.
- If you plan to travel between March 15 and
October 14, please submit your request by February 1.
Download SAS Application
Note: Download the application to your desktop to complete
the editable PDF. Once completed, send the application along with supporting documents to SU-CTL@shawu.edu.
Once awarded complete/submit:
- Complete Profile Form
- Email the below forms and information to SU-CTL@shawu.edu:
- SAS Expense Report (Estimated Expenses)
- Conference Agenda/Schedule
- Request flight itinerary from a major airline
- Registration confirmation (Choose payment method- pay by check or P.O.)
- Hotel reservation with confirmation number (Reserve your room and payment will be changed to the university)
- Any other information
After returning complete/submit:
- SAS Expense Report Form (Actual Expenses)
- SAS Title III Trip Report
- Receipts (gas, reimbursement request)