Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)
The new QEP plan is currently under development. Information on our previous QEP is below.
Adventures in Writing is the title of the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) for Shaw University. It is a program designed to improve student writing by focusing on the process (adventure) of writing. Through this plan, students will be able to conquer
The QEP calls for two major strategies to facilitate student learning. Opening a Writing Center is one of those strategies. The Center allows for more one-on-one
support for students to engage in the writing process. We hope that everyone on campus will take advantage of this resource, and that its presence opens up discussions about what effective academic writing is.
The second strategy targets ENG 110, our basic composition course. Students in this course will be required to take part in a special program in the Writing Center, spending part of class each week working
in a small-group setting. The program will delve into all aspects of the writing process, but emphasize revision and critiquing strategies.
With this plan we will be able to get an excellent picture of which techniques are helping our students to develop, and in the future, guide students more effectively as they take on the adventure of writing.
Top 5 Things To Know About Shaw’s QEP
- The title of the QEP is Adventures in Writing.
- The slogan is - I Came, I Wrote, I Conquered.
- The QEP established a Writing Center on Shaw’s campus to fulfill the purpose of enhancing student learning.
- Students enrolled in ENGLISH 110 are required to attend The Writing Center.
- The Writing Centeris open to all students, faculty and staff.