Welcome to the Department of Housing and Residence Life
Residence Life is an integral part of the Shaw University educational experience. We are committed to providing our students a safe and comfortable living and learning environment. Although freshmen and sophomore students are required to live on campus,
all students are encouraged to be a part of our living and learning communities.
Living on campus is an exciting experience which offers a unique opportunity to learn and grow as an individual in the Shaw University community. Our goal is to foster a holistic environment that encourages collaboration, accountability, responsibility,
leadership, and service as we prepare our students to become global leaders.
Inclement Weather Move-In Update
Move-in delayed because of the possibility of inclement weather?
Please contact your residence hall manager to make changes to your arrival and check-in plans.
Mr. Bromeley Thornton
Mrs. Tracy Perry
Mr. Cleveland Williams
SPRING 2022 MOVE-IN DATES AND DETAILS
All move-in times are by appointment, only. Please check your Bears email address for the Signup Genius link to make your reservation.
New First-Time Freshmen and Transfer Students
||January 28, 2022
Student Leaders, RAs, and Peer Mentors
||January 28, 2022
|Saturday & Sunday
January 29 & 30, 2022
All new and returning Shaw University students must present proof of vaccination to Student Health before they can enroll for the Spring 2022 semester (see Student Health for more information if you are a new or readmitted student).
- No student will be allowed on campus or permitted to move into campus housing without submitting a negative COVID-19 PCR test result to the student health portal.
- All negative COVID-19 PCR test results MUST reflect 3-5 days prior to coming on campus (No exceptions).
- Rapid or Antigen test results will not be accepted.
- The university will not provide any housing options for students that do not present a negative PCR test result within the mandatory timeframe.
- Off campus provisions will be at the student’s expense until such time as a negative PCR test result is submitted.
- On campus students must upload their negative test result to: https://qr.page/g/rf1A3T5G8