COVID-19 Testing Policy
On-campus students who test positive
- Isolation/quarantine rooms have been identified for each residence hall; students will also be allowed to isolate/quarantine at home if they so choose.
- Students who chose to isolate on campus will reside in isolation housing for 5 days and must remain masked indoors and outdoors for 10 days or until they receive a negative PCR COVID-19 test result.
- Students will receive an email outlining their isolation dates.
- Contact tracing starts within 48 hours of the submission of the positive test result to the Student Health Center.
- Meals are ordered from the dining hall for isolated/quarantined students.
- Residence hall staff and/or a member of the administration will frequently check on the status of students who are placed in isolation. Any changes in the student’s health status will be reported to the Student Health Center.
- The campus nurse or doctor will assess the student at the end of the isolation period to determine if the student can be released.
- A letter of release will be emailed to the student. Students must NOT leave isolation or quarantine without a letter from the University Nurse.
- Refusal to isolate or quarantine is considered a judicial violation and may result in suspension or dismissal.