Summer housing is available for all Shaw University students between May 15, 2022 and August 5, 2022. The summer housing application opens on April 15, 2022.
Students must submit a housing application that will be approved by the Director of Residence Life. Current Shaw University students who are completing an internship/co-op, attending summer school, or a working summer job may apply for summer housing.
Students will reside in the Talbert O. Shaw Women’s Living and Learning Community and will adhere to the standard Shaw University housing and residence life policies and procedures and the residence life COVID-19 policies and procedures.
Summer residents will be required to submit a negative PCR COVID-19 test result upon move-in; rapid tests results will not be accepted. Test results must reflect a testing date that is within 3-5 days of reporting to campus. COVID-19 testing is mandatory
and will be conducted on a bi-weekly basis for the duration of the resident’s stay in summer housing. Testing will be conducted through the Shaw University’s Student Health Center.
Who Can Apply for Summer Housing?
- Summer school attendees
- Students completing an internship or co-op
- Students working a summer job
- Special requests
- Non-Affiliated Shaw University students
Shaw University internship or co-op & summer employment students must:
- Submit verification of your approved internship/co-op program
- Submit proof of summer employment from the employer/company
- Upload verification/proof documents with the housing application
Students who currently reside on campus and are completing internships/co-ops will be permitted to stay in campus housing upon approval. Students will not have to move out and back into campus housing on May 15; however, they will be relocated to TOSW
for the summer housing session.
Students who are NOT affiliated with Shaw University and who are seeking local accommodations may also apply for summer housing. Summer housing is available for any degree-seeking post-secondary student enrolled
at another college or university. Students must:
- Be completing an internship/co-op, attending summer school, or working a summer job.
- Submit verification of your approved internship/co-op from your current university representative.
- Submit proof of summer employment from the employer/company.
- Show proof of current or prior enrollment and that you are not ineligible to return to your home university due to disciplinary issues. However, each application will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Upload verification/proof documents with the housing application.
Special Requests for Summer Housing
Special requests for summer housing outside of one of the above categories will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The initial payment of $272.00 is due on or before May 15th. Payment arrangements can be made for all other payments. Please see the payment chart below.
Payments can be processed over the phone via (919)-546-8655 or directly at the cashier’s office by card or money order. Shaw students can make payment arrangements through BearsNet. Residents can purchase a meal plan block through the school website,
contact Student Accounts (919)-546-8228 for details.
|SUMMER HOUSING FEE SCHEDULE
|MAY 15TH THROUGH MAY 31ST
|JUNE 1ST THROUGH JUNE 30TH
|JULY 1ST THROUGH JULY 31ST
Apply for Summer Housing - Shaw U Students Only
Apply for Summer Housing - Non-Affiliated Students Only